I feel so old doing this but might as well share.
For incoming Psychology majors
- Take every subject seriously. It’s nice to have a good investment early in your journey. This will save you from those surprise quizzes.
- Be open minded. Open yourself to other people and expect a lot of opinions that will contradict yours, but trust me this will help you to be a great psychologists in the future.
- Trust your professors. Remember that in a way they are all psychologists by heart and when they say that you can count on them to hear your woes, approach them and trust them to listen to you.
- It is not an easy field to take. Do not take it for granted.
- Library is heaven.
- Don’t get too excited. Okay, it’s alright to be excited but still, be calm and collected. Be patient with every subject.
- Don’t be afraid nor be shy to ask. Psychology students are very friendly. We don’t bite :)) Facebook is also a great tool for finding new friends, taken from personal experience. (found my college barkada in facebook back when i was still a freshman)
- Just be yourself and bring a lot of self-confidence :)))